The constitution of SCAEF has laid the following eligibility criteria for membership:
- Membership is limited to Nepalese registered consulting firms only.
- Companies operated by employees of Government and Government-owned corporations are not eligible for the membership.
- The member shall strictly adhere to the constitutional provisions are the directives given by the Executive Committee of SCAEF.
- For membership with voting rights, at least one of the proprietors or partners, or directors of the firm shall be graduate from a recognized institution in the field recognized by Nepal Engineering Council for its membership. Such proprietors or partners or directors should have full-time involvement in the firm.
- The Consulting Firm registered, but not matching the criteria as mentioned in (d) above can only be an affiliated member with no voting rights.